Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Is Enough really Enough?

So, when do you say enough is enough? I'm talking about everything in life, enough eating, drinking, partying, fighting, 'putting up with', paying off debt, working, working hard, laundry, cooking, laughing, crying, reminiscing, driving, caring, protecting, dieting, anti-wrinkling, shopping, being funny, being serious, fighting for what's right, fighting for what you want, fighting for what others want, proving your point, being comfortable, belonging, exclusion, loving, loathing, worshiping, wondering, researching, understanding, taking vitamins, saving, holding out hope, and most of all... paying attention.
I feel like I've been telling myself "enough is enough" my whole life! It seems as if there is so much going on in today's society, that people don't know the basics anymore. What ever happened to "tit for tat", "i'll scratch your back if you scratch mine", "an eye for an eye", "Do to others as you would have them do to you", etc. Obviously, chivalry is dead, that's been dead and gone for as long as I can remember. I know you shouldn't expect someone to to something for you just because you did something for them, but sheesh, come on! That's just human nature! You mean to tell me you would go out of your way to do something nice for someone and HONESTLY not expect (even deep down inside) a little something back? I know I've been on the receiving end of people's generosity and have not reciprocated, but I at least am nice to them! Have you ever done something for someone and in return they spit on you? Not literally, but figuratively. You just have to smack your head and say "what's the point if that's what I get in return!".
I guess our society has turned into one of "if I don't see it, I don't believe it". It's funny with parents, they are so into their kids lately that they don't think their kids can do anything wrong... ever! Well, sorry folks, you're kids are little shits and they're doing things that you couldn't imagine! Just look around, check out some of your kids friends Facebook pages... wow! The moral's of our society have really gone down the toilet. It has all completely spiraled out of control and I don't see it slowing down any time soon. I'll admit, I'm guilty. Being a parent is hard. Being a single parent is even harder!
I guess there are some things in life that you just can't get enough of, even if you get the same negative outcome each time. Albert Einstein was onto something when he said "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
I guess you just have to keep fighting the good fight and giving it your all. Yeah, you just might get a big screw job in the end, but at least you got to an end! Also, just remember, most of the things that are in your life are temporary, good, bad, and ugly. So, if today is not going your way, tomorrow just might be a little better. OR, if you're having a great day today, don't worry, some asshole will probably screw tomorrow up for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment