Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

What do I call you?

So, I have two coworkers that are more like sisters than coworkers. Technically I am their "boss", but that title just has too many negative connotations to it. I honestly keep working at our office because of these two. When things aren't so great at home, I know that coming to work and seeing these two nut jobs that my day will get better. They honestly are my family away from home. The three of us have awesome chemistry and easily come up with loving ways to completely insult each other with love (I'm talking, completely cut each others legs off from underneath them!).
We have been battling the bulge for the past few years. We have also realized that all of these old chubby ladies aren't full of crap, the older you get, the harder it is to take off a few lb's. Remember when we were in high school and thought we were fate? Pssht, whatever!
We had an awesome thing going with exercise the months leading up to my wedding (which they went all out to help me plan) - we were going to the gym sometimes four days a week. Since none of us smoke (anymore) we would take our "smoke breaks" four times a day to work out in our office. Our office is primarily women so we didn't care if another female walked in. We do have a few fellows who work in the office and if one of them walked in on our exercise time it was sometimes awkward - especially when we were doing what we called "humpies". Yes, we have an exercise called "humpies". It is pretty much what it sounds like. Anyway... with all of that exercising we were trying to control our eating, but that was very difficult. We work for a restaurant company, a very yummy restaurant company, so when we would order food from the restaurant for the office, we went a little overboard. That seemed to snowball and we became professional eaters, especially when we drank wine! No, we didn't drink wine at work, despite what other people in the office thought. All this leads up to my question... what do I call my girls? I suggested "Jake and the Fat Man", but the "Fat Man" didn't think that was too funny. So, I started thinking...
  • Laverne & Shirley - NO. I had two pygmy goats that I named Laverne and Shirley, but they ended up both being boys, so that didn't work out very well. Shirley was a complete moron and killed herself with a bale of hay. So, just "Vern" was left. So, no.
  • Cagney & Lacey... haha, no. Too lesbianish. But that would be funny!
  •  Bugs Bunny & Daffy Duck... I might be onto something... Bugs & Daffy
  • Dum & Dummer... I'm cracking myself up now
  • Beavis & Butthead... I know they could pick which one would be which!
  • Kermit & Piggy... OMG< I'm dying!
  • Mary Kate & Ashley - yeah, right!
I guess, to try to be nice, my girls will now be called Jack and Karen - you know who they are if you ever watched "Will & Grace". So, from here on out, my girls will be Jack and Karen - sorry, I still have "Jake & The Fat Man" in my head - that just makes me giggle. If I revert to Jake & TFM, well, sorry girls... kisses! Love you Fat Man...


No comments:

Post a Comment