Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!

So, my husband and I finally tied the knot this past July after dating for what seemed like an eternity... almost 12 years! Some people would say "What in the fresh hell took so long?". I thought the same thing, but as the old saying goes, good things come to those who wait. Well, I waited... and waited... and waited! I don't know if any psychological or sociological experiments have ever been done to study the effects of such an extensive courtship. Maybe this is a suggestion to send into "Psychology Today"... are they even still a publication?

Being married to my husband is super fantastic, seriously! It's funny how you get comfortable with someone so quickly. I know, we should be comfortable after dating for over a decade, but we never lived together. Yup, you heard me correctly, we NEVER lived together! Stick that in your pipe and smoke it... There was a learning curve, but it was small.

What prompted me to write this was this overwhelming sense of happiness I have in my life.
(Even though my teenage daughter is teetering between Linda Blair in the Exorcist and Doug Henning riding a magical unicorn while pooping jelly beans and sliding down a rainbow).

I don't want to get too Fabio / Harlequin love novel on ya here, but I absolutely LOVE my husband! 
No, I'm not married to Fabio. My husband looks nothing like Mr. Fake Butter (face). My husband is a Midwest boy with a heart bigger than the moon. There aren't many men out there that can hold a candle to my snookems!

Just this morning, I gave my husband a big hug and kiss goodbye (even though we work together) and it just made me feel complete. I'm a lucky gal, I really am. I leave my house every day with the same feeling I get from the "I can't believe it's not butter!" ad's. I'm just so happy that something could be that great, and good for you too!

Oh, the cherry on top of this multi-layered ganache of a marriage... he likes my cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment